Here are the latest technical updates at Wikia. Keep in mind that our system updates happen every Wednesday, so we’re posting this on a Tuesday to give you advance notice. Also note that we change hundreds of tiny details every week, so these are just the highlights.
- We're releasing an updated style for image sliders for mobile devices.
Major Bugs FixedEdit
- When an article in the main namespace had the same title as a Category page, the Category page was displaying as the top search result in a search for the article title.
- We have fixed some wrapping issues with how the search box interacts with the AdminDashboard pages.
- Search was not returning correct results when the search query includes multi-byte characters.
- Page Layout Builder tasks were still showing on AdminDashboard Tasks.
Select Known IssuesEdit
- Search suggestions are not working with Cyrillic characters.
- SiteWideMessages do not appear on Wall pages for monobook users
- We've temporarily disabled search suggestions and link suggestions while we work on backend issues. We hope to have a basic version of these features back up and available soon, and we'll continue to improve them from there.
Questions? Comments? Feel free to leave them below. And if you have additional bugs to report, please send them to us via Special:Contact.
Want to be notified about technical updates when they are posted? Then click here to follow this blog.
|Recent technical updates|
|August 26th 2015 • August 24th 2015 • August 19th 2015 • August 17th 2015 • August 12th 2015 • Archive|