Here are the latest technical updates at Wikia. Keep in mind that our system updates happen every Wednesday, so we're posting this on a Tuesday to give you advance notice. Also note that we change hundreds of tiny details every week, so these are just the highlights.
Major Bugs FixedEdit
- Backgrounds will no longer be misaligned on right-to-left (RTL) wikias.
- Video duration will now be shown on videos within galleries.
- The VisualEditor will no longer try to load on blog pages. (Support for blog pages is still planned for the future.)
- The VisualEditor's Bold and Italic buttons will now display with better theming for non-English languages.
- A bug preventing videos from being added via the VisualEditor will be fixed.
- The photo of the aquarium in ThemeDesigner's article preview area will be restored.
- Right-clicking, middle-clicking or control-clicking (for Mac users) on an image will allow you open the file page rather than the image's direct URL.
Other Notable ChangesEdit
Detailed CSS updates can be found at http://report.wikia.net - the diffs show changes to .css, .scss, .tmpl.php, .html, .sass and .mustache files in Wikia's codebase.
- We are retiring the media attribution feature below image/video thumbnails - this means over the next few days the text under image and video captions will disappear as article caches expire.
- The "view file details" option on thumbnails will be removed, since the file page can be accessed by control-left-clicking on the image or video (see the bug fix noted above).
- The 'inline' video style is being retired - videos will always be displayed as if the thumb option has been selected.
- The VisualEditor's template and media editing buttons will be improved, and the temporary line spaces added around templates and media will be reduced.
Questions? Comments? Feel free to leave them below. And if you have additional bugs to report, please send them to us via Special:Contact.
Want to be notified about technical updates when they are posted? Then click here to follow this blog.
|Recent technical updates|