Here are the latest technical updates at Wikia. Keep in mind that our system updates happen every Wednesday, so we’re posting this on a Tuesday to give you advance notice. Also note that we change hundreds of tiny details every week, so these are just the highlights.
Major Bugs Fixed
- The "member since" line on user profiles was giving out joined dates for users who had never edited that wiki. We have been in the process of removing this confusing line, and it will be fully removed in those situations by the end of this week.
- <small> tags weren't working (sorry -- we know we said this was fixed last week. The fix will be visible this week instead).
- There were a few instances last week where AJAX-based tools didn't work properly, or strange code appeared on pages. The issues behind this have been resolved.
- Video embed tool was not allowing YouTube HD format.
Other Notable Changes
- When Page Layout Builder is enabled and at least one template is active, the "Standard Template" option will no longer show in the Create a Page popup window. (The "Blank Page" option, however, will remain.)
Select Known Issues
- Recently we introduced a new database cluster for better performance and storage on our network. We are still having occasional glitches with wikis created on that server, such as split databases or differences in user preferences. At this time, only brand new wikis are populating that server, so if you start a new wiki and see anything weird, please Contact Us.
Next week, our Engineers are convening for an all-hands week of meetings and collaborating, so there will be no code release on May 11th.
Questions? Comments? Feel free to leave them below. And if you have additional bugs to report, please send them to us via Special:Contact.