Here are the latest technical updates at Wikia. Keep in mind that our system updates happen every Wednesday, so we’re posting this on a Tuesday to give you advance notice. Also note that we change hundreds of tiny details every week, so these are just the highlights.
- Significant updates to Chat (including a revamped kick/ban system) will be released to all English wikis. See our blog post for the full list of details.
Major Bugs Fixed
- Improvements to how the Visual Editor works in Google Chrome, with bug fixes to prevent extra code from being inserted into the article in some cases, and fixes to prevent some code from being stripped out in other cases.
- The "Mark All As Read" link was not responding in the Notifications dropdown.
- Thanks to the new and improved chat system, wikis that recently changed their URL will be able to use the Chat feature again bug-free.
Other Notable Changes
- We're releasing an updated global search (available at Wikia.com) to allow searching for wikis by term. These results will display wiki titles with the top most relevant pages grouped for each listing.
Select Known Issues
- Message Wall users can't view all replies to old messages - clicking on "View all replies of foo" sends the user to top of the page instead of expanding the replies. (Workaround: click the title of the conversation to open the thread page and see the full list of replies.)
- Recently created wikis don't seem to be having their pages indexed for searching.
- Android users can not swipe through images in the lightbox player.
Questions? Comments? Feel free to leave them below. And if you have additional bugs to report, please send them to us via Special:Contact.
Want to be notified about Technical Updates when they are posted? Then click here to follow this blog.