Here are the latest technical updates at Wikia. Keep in mind that our system updates happen every Wednesday, so we’re posting this on a Tuesday to give you advance notice. Also note that we change hundreds of tiny details every week, so these are just the highlights.
Major Bugs FixedEdit
- User preference "Edit sections by right clicking on section titles" was causing the right-click context menu to hang.
- Recent Changes temporarily forgot the difference between article pages and talk pages and was combining them together when "grouped recent changes" was enabled.
- Previewing a page with a slider on it will work as intended. Previously, the code would run each time the page was previewed giving off a kaleidoscope effect.
- Achievement badges will no longer show up with a black background.
- The "More Badges You Can Earn!" achievements section was showing badges you have already been awarded.
Other Notable ChangesEdit
- All users have the "Landing Page" user preference changed to "Main Page", which is the new default setting. "Wiki Activity" remains as an alternative option, and "Recent Changes" is added as an option.
- There is now better separation of local results and Wikia Video Library results when searching within the Video Embed Tool.
- "Add a Video" is added as an option on the Contribute drop-down and in the Admin Dashboard.
- Main page column tags are now present on newly created wikis (this update was done last week).
Select Known IssuesEdit
- Help pages are once again displaying doubled-up headers in some cases.
- Links that link to the same base page but different headers (ex. [[Foo#Section1]] and [[Foo#Section2]]) are all linking to the same page/header as the first link on the page (in the previous examples, both links get rendered as [[Foo#Section1]]).
Questions? Comments? Feel free to leave them below. And if you have additional bugs to report, please send them to us via Special:Contact.
Want to be notified about Technical Updates when they are posted? Then click here to follow this blog.