Here are the latest technical updates at Wikia. Keep in mind that our system updates happen every Wednesday, so we’re posting this on a Tuesday to give you advance notice. Also note that we change hundreds of tiny details every week, so these are just the highlights.
- VisualEditor: Added options to change the filename and set the license for uploaded media.
- In VisualEditor, the default license option is the first option listed on MediaWiki:Licenses (as opposed to "None selected")
Major Bugs Fixed
- H1 headings were not included in Tables of Contents.
- Image attribution and Tables of Contents sometimes used the interface language of the last person to edit page.
- Improved widescreen source mode editor toolbar behaviour on fluid width wikis.
<chat />behaviour within main page column tags.
- Clicking a redlink was not routing users through the "Create new article" flow.
Other Notable Changes
Detailed CSS updates can be found at http://report.wikia.net - the diffs show changes to .css, .scss, .tmpl.php, .html, .sass and .mustache files in Wikia's codebase.
- The "Enable visual editor" user preference now applies to the new VisualEditor wherever it's enabled (the separate "beta" user preference is removed).
Questions? Comments? Feel free to leave them below. And if you have additional bugs to report, please send them to us via Special:Contact.
Want to be notified about technical updates when they are posted? Then click here to follow this blog.
|Recent technical updates|
|October 18th 2017 • October 16th 2017 • October 9th 2017 • October 4th 2017 • October 2nd 2017 • Archive|