Here are the latest technical updates at Wikia. Keep in mind that our system updates happen every Wednesday, so we’re posting this on a Tuesday to give you advance notice. Also note that we change hundreds of tiny details every week, so these are just the highlights.
Major Bugs FixedEdit
- Visual Editor was adding erroneous question marks.
- The Task List in Special:AdminDashboard for founders was not functioning correctly.
Other Notable ChangesEdit
- The contents of the "Around Wikia's Network" footer will be lazy-loaded.
- The table of contents will no longer animate into the collapsed state upon page load, it will appear in that state right away (unless registered users have a cookie dictating it should show as expanded.)
- Help pages can now surface more easily in results on Community Central's Search.
- The old class for the wiki navigation, WikiHeaderRestyle, has been removed now that there is only one type of navigation. This will require CSS changes to the former class to reflect WikiHeader instead.
Select Known IssuesEdit
- Share button pop-out is not showing page-specific Twitter and Facebook counts.
- Images inside <tabber> and <tabview> do not lazy load as intended.
- Special:Videos messages show a few broken messages or messages in the wrong language.
Questions? Comments? Feel free to leave them below. And if you have additional bugs to report, please send them to us via Special:Contact.
Want to be notified about technical updates when they are posted? Then click here to follow this blog.
|Recent technical updates|
|May 20th 2015 • May 18th 2015 • May 13th 2015 • May 11th 2015 • May 6th 2015 • Archive|