Here are the latest technical updates at Wikia. Keep in mind that our system updates happen every Wednesday, so we're posting this on a Tuesday to give you advance notice. Also note that we change hundreds of tiny details every week, so these are just the highlights.
Major Bugs Fixed
- A script will be run to fix an issue that prevented some wall and forum replies from being restored. This script is already in progress.
- A situation that could result in the welcome tool welcoming User:Wikia will be fixed.
- The updated global navigation bar will no longer overlap anchor links. This fix is already live.
- An issue that caused some image thumbnails to display incorrectly will be fixed. This fix is already live.
Other Notable Changes
Detailed CSS updates can be found at http://report.wikia.net - the diffs show changes to .css, .scss, .tmpl.php, .html, .sass and .mustache files in Wikia's codebase.
- Special:Unblock will now link to anonymous user contribution pages instead of their blank user pages. Thanks Volunteer Developers!
Questions? Comments? Feel free to leave them below. And if you have additional bugs to report, please send them to us via Special:Contact.
Want to be notified about technical updates when they are posted? Then click here to follow this blog.
|Recent technical updates|