Here are the latest technical updates at Wikia. Keep in mind that our system updates happen every Wednesday, so we’re posting this on a Tuesday to give you advance notice. Also note that we change hundreds of tiny details every week, so these are just the highlights.
Major Bugs FixedEdit
- Videos from some video providers (such as Dailymotion) could not be embedded on articles.
- Fixed a case that could introduce blank spaces into tabber's tab tooltips.
- The Table of Contents displayed HTML code when images were used in section names.
Other Notable ChangesEdit
Detailed CSS updates can be found at http://report.wikia.net - the diffs show changes to .css, .scss, .tmpl.php, .html, .sass and .mustache files in Wikia's codebase.
- The VisualEditor beta's media tool now includes uploading images and adding videos, as well as visual distinction between images and videos in media search results. Check it out on Community Test!
- Improved the behaviour of the fluid width editor preview dialog for main pages.
- The right rail chat module is now present on Forum pages. (Thanks to the Volunteer Developers for this one.)
- Improvements to custom CSS and JS update behavior.
- Edit summaries are now shown on the fluid width editor preview, though we will make further styling adjustments in coming weeks.
Select Known IssuesEdit
- We are continuing to investigate a few issues with Tables of Contents. Thanks again for your reports.
Want to be notified about technical updates when they are posted? Then click here to follow this blog.
|Recent technical updates|