Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Here are the latest technical updates at Wikia. Keep in mind that our system updates happen every Wednesday, so we’re posting this on a Tuesday to give you advance notice. Also note that we change hundreds of tiny details every week, so these are just the highlights.
- The Video Embed Tool has been updated with an improved user interface and the option to search videos on the wiki and in the Wikia Video Library. Currently local wiki search results will also include results from the Library; better separation of search results will be achieved in the coming weeks.
- The page Special:Videos has been added to all wikis, and is linked from the navigation item "Videos" on the "On the Wiki" tab. An example of Special:Videos can be seen on the James Bond wiki.
Major Bugs FixedEdit
- Admins had briefly lost the right to delete removed Message Wall threads.
- Gallery alignment in the editor wasn't always aligned correctly.
- The page preview on a diff page will now reserve space for the right-rail for consistency.
- Lazy Loading features on the iPad should now work as intended.
Other Notable ChangesEdit
- In the Image Embed Tool, the alignment options are now available for full-size images as well as thumbnails.
Select Known IssuesEdit
- Turning commenting off for a blog post is upsetting the comments. They will return once commenting is turned back on.
- Previewing a page with a slider multiple times causes the slider code to run more times than intended.
- There is currently a miscalculation of achievement points.
Questions? Comments? Feel free to leave them below. And if you have additional bugs to report, please send them to us via Special:Contact.
Want to be notified about technical updates when they are posted? Then click here to follow this blog.
|Recent technical updates|