Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Here are the latest technical updates at Wikia. Keep in mind that our system updates happen every Wednesday, so we’re posting this on a Tuesday to give you advance notice. Also note that we change hundreds of tiny details every week, so these are just the highlights.
Major Bugs FixedEdit
- Users who did not have permission to edit pages on a wiki (ex. not having a confirmed email address on a wiki that requires it to edit) were having the "Blocked" text appear on their profile even if they were not blocked.
- Wikis that had changed URLs since enabling chat would see a "Can not connect to the MediaWiki server" error message.
- Due to an issue with the way cache breaking worked, pages or images that had been recently deleted could not be protected from being created again. We're changing the way cache works on page/image deletion to fix this.
- "Undo"-ing an edit was on occasion stripping HTML and reference tags out of the restored version.
- Numbers (<ol>) and the bullet blocks (<ul>) were not appearing in article and blog comments.
Other Notable ChangesEdit
- The automatic adoption system (enabled on all new wikis since early May) has changed its time requirement for inactive admins from 30 days to 60 days to be more consistent with the traditional adoption process.
- Modules in the right rail will be getting some light design changes (removing gradients, adding shadows to borders) to put more emphasis on their content.
- The new profile will be finally going live to all wikis, whereas previously it was only on the most used languages (en, es, and de).
- A new version of Wikia Game Guides for mobile has been released. The minor update is available now for Android, and will be hitting the Apple store shortly.
Select Known IssuesEdit
- Wikis with long wordmarks testing the new navigation system are reporting a broken header area where text is not wrapping correctly.
- We continue to investigate reports of being unable to view/edit using the Visual Editor screen. Please send reports in if you are experiencing this, even intermittently. The issue seems to be focused but not contained to Firefox 6 and 7 and the more reports we get, the more we can work to establish a pattern.
Questions? Comments? Feel free to leave them below. And if you have additional bugs to report, please send them to us via Special:Contact.