Here are the latest technical updates at Wikia. Keep in mind that our system updates happen every Wednesday, so we're posting this on a Tuesday to give you advance notice. Also note that we change hundreds of tiny details every week, so these are just the highlights.
Major Bugs Fixed
- Some users received achievement-related errors when trying to view their user page. This fix is already live.
- The Notifications dropdown was broken on Monobook.
- The VisualEditor template suggestions dialog showed only two columns of suggestions in Windows browsers, in some cases.
Other Notable Changes
Detailed CSS updates can be found at http://report.wikia.net - the diffs show changes to .css, .scss, .tmpl.php, .html, .sass and .mustache files in Wikia's codebase.
- The 'recently edited' sorting option will be removed from the Category Exhibition feature.
- On Maps, unlinked pin titles will show in black, to set them apart from linked pin titles.
- Maps will only be deletable by admins and the user who created the map.
Questions? Comments? Feel free to leave them below. And if you have additional bugs to report, please send them to us via Special:Contact.
Want to be notified about technical updates when they are posted? Then click here to follow this blog.
|Recent technical updates|
|October 18th 2017 • October 16th 2017 • October 9th 2017 • October 4th 2017 • October 2nd 2017 • Archive|