Here are the latest technical updates at Wikia. Keep in mind that our system updates happen every Tuesday and Thursday - today's notes are for tomorrow's site update. Also note that we change hundreds of tiny details every week, so these are just the highlights.
Major Bug Fixes
- We have fixed an issue that could cause an ad to appear within new portable infoboxes. This fix is already live.
- An issue was identified over the weekend that caused certain kinds of updates to get backed up (e.g. certain email notifications, article updates) - this queue has been catching up over the past few days and is getting back to normal.
- We are in the process of making further tweaks to help ensure Wikia emails can continue to be sent to an account even if one particular email fails to get through.
- An issue that could cause some wikia creations to fail will be fixed.
- On Insights, the 'used on' links will now point to the correct locations. This fix didn't quite make it live on Tuesday.
Other Notable Changes
Detailed CSS updates can be found at http://report.wikia.net - the diffs show changes to .css, .scss, .tmpl.php, .html, .sass and .mustache files in Wikia's codebase.
- We will roll out a feature to all English-language communities which helps users reach the intended article when external sites leave off special characters from the end of links (e.g. a final parenthesis not being included in the URL).
Questions? Comments? Feel free to leave them below. And if you have additional bugs to report, please send them to us via Special:Contact.
Want to be notified about technical updates when they are posted? Then click here to follow this blog.
|Recent technical updates|