Here are the latest technical updates on Fandom. Keep in mind that our system updates happen every Tuesday and Thursday - today's notes are for tomorrow's site update. Also note that we change hundreds of tiny details every week, so these are just the highlights.
Note: no site update is planned for Thursday this week - regularly scheduled updates will resume next week.
- The global navigation will be updated to include the Fandom powered by Wikia logo to reflect our rebranding. Other company branding elements across the site will also be updated, and notification emails will receive a design refresh. This will not change your wiki's name/URL or any site features and functionality.
Major Bug Fixes
- We will fix an issue where the global navigation 'Message Wall' link could point to a destination in the wrong language.
- We will improve the loading behaviour when visiting links with section anchors, to help avoid the header disappearing underneath the global navigation bar.
Other Notable Changes
- Searches will also check for and list related wikis in the right rail.
Select Known Issues
- There are some cases where text has not yet been updated for the rebranding, due to workflow prioritization that enabled us to finish the most important updates by October 4th. Those cases will be reviewed and finalized in the coming weeks.
Questions? Comments? Feel free to leave them below. And if you have additional bugs to report, please send them to us via Special:Contact.
Want to be notified about technical updates when they are posted? Then click here to follow this blog.
|Recent technical updates|