Here are the latest technical updates at Wikia. Keep in mind that our system updates happen every Wednesday, so we’re posting this on a Tuesday to give you advance notice. Also note that we change hundreds of tiny details every week, so these are just the highlights.
- It's finally here (Part 2)! The redesigned editor goes out to all wikis with this release. Please leave comments and feedback directly on the blog post.
Major Bugs FixedEdit
- Long URLs in the bloglist module no longer breaks text wrapping on Chrome.
- The dropdown menu on the "User:" namespace was missing "Protect" and "Delete" while "Unprotect" did not appear on a protected page.
- Custom User Group labels were not properly overriding the default group labels on profiles.
Other Notable ChangesEdit
- "Helper" will now appear next to a user name on the profile page for Wikia Helpers.
Select Known IssuesEdit
- Page Layout Builder (PLB) is not working on recently created pages as clicking edit does not bring you to the editing form but rather the normal editing window. Older pages with PLB editing enabled are still working properly on edit.
- We are investgating numerous reports and instances of QuickStats feature on Special:AdminDashboard recording 0 views per day.
Questions? Comments? Feel free to leave them below. And if you have additional bugs to report, please send them to us via Special:Contact.