Here are the latest technical updates on FANDOM. Keep in mind that our system updates happen every Tuesday and Thursday - today's notes are for tomorrow's site update. Also note that we change hundreds of tiny details every week, so these are just the highlights.
Major Bug Fixes
- We will fix an issue where Tabber was not visible in the classic editor's preview dialog.
- We are also updating the core Tabber code as part of this update, which may result in some small styling and behaviour tweaks.
- We will fix an issue where content moderators could not undelete some pages that had article comments.
- If a community's main page is outside the main namespace, the wiki's wordmark and logo will no longer link to 'Main Page' instead of the correct page.
- Admin Dashboard will no longer list 'Add a blog post' on wikis where that feature is disabled. (Thanks to Volunteer Developers for this fix.)
- On Monobook, the blog comments links on user blog pages will now link to the correct location. (Thanks to Volunteer Developers for this fix.)
- We recently fixed an issue where special page reports were not updating as expected on some wikis.
Other Notable Changes
- We will be re-adding a setting to the Featured Videos player that allows higher resolution videos to be displayed.
- Chinese, Portuguese and Russian wikis will begin seeing language-appropriate selections in the footer's 'Explore Wikis' section.
Select Known Issues
- We are looking into some other reported issues with Tabber, such as it not being visible in the VisualEditor. Note: tabber does not work well with mobile devices, so we still recommend against using it.
Questions? Comments? Feel free to leave them below. And if you have additional bugs to report, please send them to us via Special:Contact.
Want to be notified about technical updates when they are posted? Then click here to follow this blog.
|Recent technical updates|
|October 18th 2017 • October 16th 2017 • October 9th 2017 • October 4th 2017 • October 2nd 2017 • Archive|