Here are the latest technical updates at Wikia. Keep in mind that our system updates happen every Tuesday and Thursday - today's notes are for tomorrow's site update. Also note that we change hundreds of tiny details every week, so these are just the highlights.
- A modified global navigation will be released as part of our rebranding. This is a minor change that retains the same basic functionality, but with a few changes:
- There will be a slightly tweaked design and enhanced discoverability that will be consistent across the entire platform, including wikis, news and stories, and Discussions.
- For logged in users, the nav will completely disappear when you scroll down the page and will return when you start to scroll up. For logged out users, the nav will always be shown at the top of the page.
- Featured links will include Explore Wikis, Community Central, and Fandom University.
- On October 4th, the Wikia logo will be replaced with a Fandom powered by Wikia logo.
- Note: if you use custom personal JS or CSS to modify the global navigation, this code will likely need updating.
Major Bug Fixes
- The Discussions email preference will now show in the correct location on communities where Discussions is not enabled.
Other Notable Changes
- The behaviour of user profile group tags will be tweaked to improve the visibility of global groups (such as VSTF and Helper).
- Page titles will be updated for the new name noted above, now with sections separated by pipes instead of dashes.
Questions? Comments? Feel free to leave them below. And if you have additional bugs to report, please send them to us via Special:Contact.
Want to be notified about technical updates when they are posted? Then click here to follow this blog.
|Recent technical updates|