Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Here are the latest technical updates at Wikia. Keep in mind that our system updates happen every Tuesday and Thursday - today's notes are for tomorrow's site update. Also note that we change hundreds of tiny details every week, so these are just the highlights.
- An updated version of the Community App curation tool will become available. This allows admins of any community (even those that don't have a Community App) to curate a mobile-friendly main page layout. The tool itself can be used on smartphones as well, and is accessible to admins via a new button at the top of the main page. Read more in a blog post coming tomorrow!
Major Bug Fixes
- Several portable infobox fixes:
- When no labels are defined for a horizontal group, a blank label row will no longer be shown.
- Image inputs will once again be able to cope with the "Image:" prefix for names.
- An input of '0' within format tags will now show the correct outputs.
- A situation where horizontal groups would be missing their top border will be fixed.
- The Insights module on WikiActivity now shows the right icons for the top two items.
- URLs that included the 'www' would not redirect correctly on the mobile skin - a fix for this is already live.
Other Notable Changes
Detailed CSS updates can be found at http://report.wikia.net - the diffs show changes to .css, .scss, .tmpl.php, .html, .sass and .mustache files in Wikia's codebase.
- Several Chat messages will be added to the MediaWiki namespace whitelist:
- Chat-user-joined, Chat-user-parted, Chat-welcome-message, Emoticons
- Particularly in the case of Chat-welcome-message and Emoticons, communities that were using these to make unsupported changes may need to edit those messages to remove those additions. The messages are only intended to be used for a custom welcome message and for simple emoticons. (Note: community Chat.css and Chat.js are loaded natively now).
Questions? Comments? Feel free to leave them below. And if you have additional bugs to report, please send them to us via Special:Contact.
Want to be notified about technical updates when they are posted? Then click here to follow this blog.
|Recent technical updates|