Here are the latest technical updates at Wikia. Keep in mind that our system updates happen every Wednesday, so we’re posting this on a Tuesday to give you advance notice. Also note that we change hundreds of tiny details every week, so these are just the highlights.
Major Bugs Fixed
- We experienced some major caching glitches that prevented the Edit window from loading properly for some users.
- Some of the buttons in the Gallery builder were improperly aligned.
- updated: <small> tags weren't making content small. This fix should be visible by the end of the week.
Other Notable Changes
- Starting soon, staff members will no longer receive badges for edits made on wikis unless they also have admin status.
- We're making some changes to the layout around the edit button at the top of article pages, as is described in our last post.
- We're moving the "Log Out" link into the dropdown menu under your username at the top-right of every page.
- We're making some great progress on a new metrics tool that will give admins better access to traffic stats about their wiki. More updates on this coming soon!
Select Known Issues
- Theme selection during the wiki creation process is not giving a proper preview in some browsers. The theme is being correctly set but users are not seeing the proper live preview during the time of selection.
Updated 4/27/11: Today's update raised the following new issues:
- The "h" keyboard shortcut for history isn't working. Will be fixed.
- The "Recent Changes" link disappeared from Wiki Activity. Will be fixed. (Update: Now fixed.)
- In some situations, the username dropdown menu at the top-right of the page extends too far to the right and has a small design glitch. Will be assessed further.
- Personal JS/CSS code is showing glitches for some users. If you're experiencing weird visual glitches, try viewing the site while logged out to confirm that it's your personal site style modifications. We do not provide tech support for custom modifications, and it may be time to update your code.