Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Here are the latest technical updates at Wikia. Keep in mind that our system updates happen every Wednesday, so we’re posting this on a Tuesday to give you advance notice. Also note that we change hundreds of tiny details every week, so these are just the highlights.
- The redesigned editor will now be the default editor on all new wikis going forward. The toggle will still be available in Wikia Labs for at least a couple of weeks before it goes live to all existing wikis. We're continuing to fix bugs, increase the speed of the editor, and look at all of your suggestions.
Major Bugs FixedEdit
- We're actively working through some of the bugs and issues that have been raised about the new Admin Dashboard release. For more info, and to discuss these issues, see Meighan's latest update.
- Internet Explorer 8 users were experiencing browser crashes when they tried to create new blog posts.
- Galleries weren't working properly in Page Layout Builder when the new version of the editor is enabled.
Other Notable ChangesEdit
- The profile redesign release has been delayed another week for bug fixes. We're expecting it next week.
- When a wiki enables Achievement badges, the founder of the wiki will now automatically receive the Creator badge. (Other badges are performance based, and will only accumulate while the feature is on.)
Select Known IssuesEdit
- Sliders - both the Main Page Slider and the gallery format - have been facing a number of issues in the last week, most notably new images not appearing or text being garbled after a number of slide's.
- A few wikis have had issues with their chat servers. If your chat has the message, "Error communicating with MediaWiki server" on the Chat landing page, then please contact us.
- Special pages that list files or pages, such as Special:UnusedFiles or Special:ShortPages are missing their bullet marks and thus make the page appear unformatted.
Questions? Comments? Feel free to leave them below. And if you have additional bugs to report, please send them to us via Special:Contact.