Here are the latest technical updates at Wikia. Keep in mind that our system updates happen every Wednesday, so we’re posting this on a Tuesday to give you advance notice. Also note that we change hundreds of tiny details every week, so these are just the highlights.
- We're adding a "Read More" section to articles in the mobile skin, which will be similar to the "Read More" content you see at the bottom of articles in a full browser.
Major Bugs Fixed
- Our Game Guides app for Android was experiencing runtime errors.
- Users in some locations were intermittently unable to load the editor.
- The Theme Designer was not accepting images with a .jpeg file extension (normal .jpg files have been fine).
Other Notable Changes
- We're updating your User Preferences page so that items are grouped and listed in a way that's clearer and more useful (for example: all email notification settings will now be in the same section).
Select Known Issues
- The Quick Stats section of the Admin Dashboard is showing "0" views.
- Chat kickbans are not showing up in logs for some wikis.
Questions? Comments? Feel free to leave them below. And if you have additional bugs to report, please send them to us via Special:Contact.
Want to be notified about technical updates when they are posted? Then click here to follow this blog.
|Recent technical updates|