- Message Wall will be added to Wikia Labs later this week, and we'll provide an in-depth overview of its recent improvements at that time.
Major Bugs FixedEdit
- The Welcome Bot has been fixed. Here's an explanation of what happened: The bot was only greeting users once globally. That means if a user edited two wikis for the first time in two days, they would only be greeted on the first one they contributed to, not both.
- Links to the Admin Dashboard were appearing twice on the user toolbar (once on the actual toolbar itself and under "My Tools"). We have removed the duplicate link under "My Tools". Thanks to our Technical Updates readers for reporting this!
- We fixed some minor issues with our Special:Contact forms. Every form should now properly submit and attach screenshots.
Other Notable ChangesEdit
- On the new style of preferences now live on all EN wikis, the wording of "Disable Category Module in Source Mode" was somewhat misleading, so it will now say "Disable Category module (only applies if visual mode editing is disabled)".
- Pages with lots of images (including galleries) will be updated in the mobile skin to display in mobile-optimized slideshows.
Select Known IssuesEdit
- Sliders do not appear to be working within the <tabview> feature.
- When uploading a correctly sized file to the Slider it returns a red error message that the file is too large. But it is in fact uploading with no indication until you check activity feeds or logs.
- Some people are seeing dark text against a dark background on mobile (which is unreadable). If you're experiencing this, please Special:Contact let us know, and be sure to tell us what kind of mobile device you have. We're working on a fix.
|Recent technical updates|
|February 24th 2015 • February 17th 2015 • February 10th 2015 • February 3rd 2015 • January 27th 2015 • Archive|