Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Here are the latest technical updates at Wikia. Keep in mind that our system updates happen every Wednesday, so we’re posting this on a Tuesday to give you advance notice. Also note that we change hundreds of tiny details every week, so these are just the highlights.
Major Bugs FixedEdit
Other Notable ChangesEdit
- Last week we mentioned the visual editor reskin will going live to test wikis soon. This was delayed to stabilize a few important features (and we have a new QA staff member working on it as we speak!). We'll post an update here as soon as a demo is live for you to play with.
Select Known IssuesEdit
- We are still experiencing a system issue that prevents users from being able to reupload images. This is affecting actions like changing avatars and updating content images. An engineering team is working on the problem. We know this is a major inconvenience for some people. We're very sorry, and we appreciate your patience.
- We're working with some design issues with Wikia founder emails. There's nothing functionally wrong with the emails, but some of the design elements are not behaving in their intended way, making the email messages look a bit odd.
- Special:Leaderboard is not handling "ties" between users on a wiki well, messing up some formatting and the ordered numbering scheme.
- Crashing issues with the Game Guides mobile app have been diagnosed and are being fixed.
Questions? Comments? Feel free to leave them below. And if you have additional bugs to report, please send them to us via Special:Contact.
UPDATE (6/10/11): Image reuploading is back to normal now! Clear your browser's cache, try again, and Special:Contact us if anything's not right.