Here are the latest technical updates at Wikia. Keep in mind that our system updates happen every Wednesday, so we’re posting this on a Tuesday to give you advance notice. Also note that we change hundreds of tiny details every week, so these are just the highlights.
- We've added a Table of Contents to the tops of article pages on mobile, which is condensed by default. Just click the down arrow at the top of any page to expand it.
Major Bugs FixedEdit
- Special:WantedFiles and Special:WantedPages were showing different results from Special:Whatlinkshere
- We are continuing to make improvements on mini-editor load times after discovering some causes of isolated lagging in the last few weeks.
- The user toolbar was not "floating" with the user while scrolling down the page on pages in the Message Wall and Thread namespaces.
Other Notable ChangesEdit
- We're updating the style of our pagination on blog listings and category exhibition pages.
- As part of the changes underway to how we handle videos, you can now use the "gallery" tag for both photos and videos. The "videogallery" tag will still work, but it won't be fully supported moving forward, so we recommend you start replacing these tags on your wiki with "gallery" tags.
Select Known IssuesEdit
- The "Recently Earned Badges" module is not returning any results.
- On Wall-enabled wikis, "Message Wall:USER" yields no search suggestions, but "User talk:USER" is. In addition, the Message Wall namespace is yielding no results when selected in Advanced Search.
- The "Go" button is not working in the Monobook skin.
Questions? Comments? Feel free to leave them below. And if you have additional bugs to report, please send them to us via Special:Contact.
Want to be notified about technical updates when they are posted? Then click here to follow this blog.
|Recent technical updates|
|July 22nd 2015 • July 20th 2015 • July 13th 2015 • July 8th 2015 • July 6th 2015 • Archive|