Here are the latest technical updates at Wikia. Keep in mind that our system updates happen every Wednesday, so we’re posting this on a Tuesday to give you advance notice. Also note that we change hundreds of tiny details every week, so these are just the highlights.
- This week, we're rolling out the first phase of our "Auto Wiki Adopt" feature. This will allow active users to adopt wikis with inactive admins without needing to receive manual approval from a staff member (though the criteria will still be similar to what it is now). The feature will be activated on any new English wikis created after Wednesday, May 18th. It will be expanded to existing wikis when our testing shows that the feature is stable.
- A few key improvements are being released this week for our Chat feature (which is in testing, and live on a handful of wikis including Community Central): admins will be able to unban users from chat, and users that are blocked on a wiki will not be able to access chat.
Major Bugs FixedEdit
- Global watchlist emails (the ones that remind you which pages you're following across all of Wikia) have been missing or had inconsistent delivery for many users. We're releasing a fix this week that should resolve most of those issues.
- Images were not updating on some servers last week. This has been rectified.
Other Notable ChangesEdit
- The interface for embedding videos is now cleaner and more stable, with some buggier components removed.
Select Known IssuesEdit
- Clicking the Facebook "like" button is sometimes posting an image unrelated to the article content to your Facebook wall, along with the article link.
- Main page slider is not responding to mouse clicks in the latest version of Chrome on Mac.
Questions? Comments? Feel free to leave them below. And if you have additional bugs to report, please send them to us via Special:Contact.