Here are the latest technical updates at Wikia. This week, our system update is happening on Thursday instead of Wednesday, so our update is a day later than usual. Also note that we change hundreds of tiny details every week, so these are just the highlights.
- We're enabling Search Suggestions on our mobile site. Now, when you type a search, you can see suggested articles as you type. Click the name of an article to visit it directly, or click the "+" icon beside it to populate the search field with that title and keep typing.
Major Bugs FixedEdit
- The "view full site" link will once again function in the Mobile skin.
- Our thumbnailer was not generating thumbnails for large SVG images. This is now fixed.
- We have tweaked some copy on our founder emails to prevent mail clients from not generating links.
- We have fixed a bug with Special:WikiActivity that was causing some non-Latin characters to break encoding.
Other Notable ChangesEdit
- "Preferred names" have been removed from the Message Wall and will now appear secondary on User Profiles to the actual username.
Select Known IssuesEdit
- We have had some issues with our backend over the last week, causing page load times to increase slightly over different points of the day. Our Engineering team is currently addressing those issues.
- Google Chrome users are seeing the "No File Chosen" message even if they have selected a file to upload for their user avatar.
Questions? Comments? Feel free to leave them below. And if you have additional bugs to report, please send them to us via Special:Contact.
Want to be notified about technical updates when they are posted? Then click here to follow this blog.