Here are the latest technical updates at Wikia. Keep in mind that our system updates happen every Wednesday, so we’re posting this on a Tuesday to give you advance notice. Also note that we change hundreds of tiny details every week, so these are just the highlights.
- Wikis using the new expanded navigation will now have a "Share" button next to "Contribute". Clicking the Share button opens a list of options for sharing that page, including via Facebook, Twitter, or Email. This list is hidden by default until the button is clicked.
Major Bugs FixedEdit
- We resolved some issues with the search field logic. Now, if you search for a pagename that includes the namespace, it should take you to that page; if you search for a pagename without a namespace, it will try to take you to a page in the main or category namespaces, and if no page is available, it will take you to a list of related search results.
- The toolbar was moving around the bottom of the page instead of anchoring where it usually does.
- Top Lists weren't accepting pages with a "/" in them.
- The "View Full Site" link wasn't working consistently on mobile devices.
Other Notable ChangesEdit
- We're updating the editor and the Admin Dashboard so that they match your wiki's theme.
Select Known IssuesEdit
- Restoring deleted blog comments is currently buggy -- it's subject to a caching delay, and it restores the comment in the wrong order.
- Deleting layouts in Layout Builder results in error messages.
- The search field overlaps page titles on diff and history pages.
Questions? Comments? Feel free to leave them below. And if you have additional bugs to report, please send them to us via Special:Contact.
Want to be notified about technical updates when they are posted? Then click here to follow this blog.
|Recent technical updates|
|July 29th 2015 • July 27th 2015 • July 22nd 2015 • July 20th 2015 • July 13th 2015 • Archive|