Here are the latest technical updates at Wikia. Keep in mind that our system updates happen every Wednesday, so we’re posting this on a Tuesday to give you advance notice. Also note that we change hundreds of tiny details every week, so these are just the highlights.
- The New Wiki Navigation feature will appear later this week or early next week on the Labs portion of Special:WikiFeatures. If you have feedback to offer about this feature, please post it as a comment on the announcement blog post.
- Testing for Message Wall will begin on a small number of test wikis this week. We encourage you to play around with the feature on Community Test Wiki at that time. (Update: Test is now live! Please provide feedback on the announcement at Community Test .)
Major Bugs Fixed
- Image formatting was lost on Visual Editor preview with Internet Explorer.
- Hovering over Achievement badges was not showing the information tooltip that explained what the badge was for.
- Some Special Pages used by wikis with Semantic MediaWiki enabled were not loading, most notably Special:WantedProperties.
Other Notable Changes
- Wiki Features will now appear on all wikis across our network. Previously, it was only appearing on English language wikis.
- Founder emails for Answers Wikis were broken. These have now been turned off completely for review.
Select Known Issues
- The "Popular Pages" part of Wiki Navigation is not populating for new wikis.
- Messages not defined in local languages are not falling back to English for a number of recent features. We are investigating why and will correct this.
- We are investigating some logic errors behind our Automatic Wiki Adoptions and Welcome Message bot systems recently brought to our attention.
Questions? Comments? Feel free to leave them below. And if you have additional bugs to report, please send them to us via Special:Contact.