Here are the latest technical updates at Wikia. Keep in mind that our system updates happen every Wednesday, so we’re posting this on a Tuesday to give you advance notice. Also note that we change hundreds of tiny details every week, so these are just the highlights.
- We are releasing Wiki Features. Wiki Features is a tool that allows admins to turn on and off some optional features - for example Top Ten Lists and Chat. Wikia Labs will be merged in to this feature. To learn more and to make comments, please see the blog post.
Major Bugs FixedEdit
- We are releasing a number of improvements to the Visual Editor this week. Notable fixes include: Removing the Category Module from the Template namespace, cleaning up the "add a category" interface, and allowing CreatePage to work again in Monobook. A number of other minor tweaks are done this week and we will be continuing to work on more fixes and improvements in the coming weeks.
- The "views" column in the QuickStats part of the Admin Dashboard is recording numbers properly again.
Other Notable ChangesEdit
- Admin Dashboard and Profile changes will go live to all international wikis (previously, they were only on English wikis and a handful of other languages). Now we're letting Polish wikis, Russian wikis, Arabic wikis, and many others get in on the fun.
- Chat now has emoticons! View Help:Chat for more information. We will be posting a Staff Blog about emoticons later this week, and we'll be asking for your feedback at that time.
- We have tweaked ThemeDesigner fix some color combinations in which links weren't readable.
Select Known IssuesEdit
- Page Layout Builder has a number of issues at the moment: H2 & H3 headlines are not being applied consistently, and one can not add photos to galleries using PLB.
- Interwiki linking using the [[Wikia:]] syntax is not working at the moment.
- Chat has been experiencing intermittent lagging or downtime.