Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
- Today, a friend and I went onto the "Phineas and Ferb" wiki chat and my friend posted a link to a blog from the Adventure Time wiki titles "Lesbians of Ooo". The show Adventure Time has a well-known subtext regarding two female characters and that blog is completely appropriate by Adventure Time wiki standards, however, when the link was posted on the Phineas and Ferb chat, the admin on the chat warned my friend for "sexual content" simply by the corresponding title, in other words they said it was inappropriate because it had homosexuality in it.
- It would have been fine if they had told us off because it was blog advertising from another wiki, however they did not have a problem with it because of that, but because of this instead.
- "Adventure Time" and "Phineas and Ferb" are both popular cartoons, with the same target audiences. So how come homosexuality is seen as an inappropriate topic in the latter's wiki?
- The admin continued to point out a RULE in the wiki forbidding discussion on sexual preferences.
- *Leave discussions of a character's sexual preference or your own out of the Chat. It isn't an appropriate topic of conversation for younger kids and really isn't allowed by our Block policy. Shipping discussions are okay so long as they don't include this or start a fan war.
- This genuine rule can be seen on this page: http://phineasandferb.wikia.com/wiki/Phineas_and_Ferb_Wiki:Chat_behavior_and_guidelines
- We were positively offended by it because it says that we can not discuss anything pertaining homosexuality because it's "an inappropriate topic for younger kids" which is ridiculous. They allow discussion of HETEROSEXUAL ships. What's more "inappropriate" about homosexual discussion than that?
- And then when we voiced our issues around the rule within the chat, in a calm manner, my friend was soon kicked and we were told to "drop the topic" and bring it to higher administration.
- I posted a complaint here http://phineasandferb.wikia.com/wiki/Phineas_and_Ferb_Wiki_talk:Chat_behavior_and_guidelines on the wikia's rules and guidelines talk page, and now I'm complaining here too.
- Apologies if I'm posting this issue in the wrong place, however I don't know where else to go. This is completely unacceptable and a breach of freedom of expression.