Being blocked is most often a disadvantage because it blocks access to things. You really need to take the time to make sure it doesn't happen again once it expires because no one wants a record. But let's say you have been blocked. "How do I deal with this?" "What do I do that corrupt madmin who did this heinous act?!" "How will I live?" Eh, this blog answers that. It's in the title. Was probably gonna mention it.
- If you've been blocked for a finite amount of time, I suggest waiting until that time expires and maybe using that time to refresh on the rules of that wiki to make sure you don't get yourself blocked again.
Read more >
We are all aware of the achievements. You know the badges you get for edits somewhat? It used to be in the wiki features. Now, you have to bribe-I mean ask Staff to enable them. So why should you or should you not use badges?
- Editor morale - Hence the name, achievements can give one a sense of achievement and a badge can show dedication hence improving the editor's morale.
- Improved community - If there's a reward, some may want to start editing and it might even be able to grow your wiki.
- Competition - As opposed to competing for who has the highest editcount, hence causing cheats by userpages, you can have competition for who's on the leaderboard and usually badges are given for mainspace edits.
- Cheating - Cheating for badges can be an issue …
Read more >
Hi, you're an admin on a wiki so you would be wondering what do I do about registration? Well, you can't control that. But here's a way that can make you feel like you can...sort of. It's when you enable the feature that requires all contributors to log in, preventing anonymous edits. Here are the advantages and disadvantages of doing so.
- Possible way to prevent spam - Anonymous contributors are often associated with spam and vandalism. While this is not always true, some may still get a bit sceptical about anons. And if your wiki is one where a lot of anons do a lot of spam, that can be a way to cut down although it should be noted that registered users can spam as well.
- Keeping track of edits - Anons can change their IPs or use VPNs in thi…
Read more >
On wikis, people are free to collaborate but sometimes edits can be unnecessary to say the least. However, while the person may have done an unnecessary edit, that does not exactly mean they did a bad thing. Here are examples of criteria for what makes an edit just an unnecessary edit and what makes one actual vandalism/spam.
- A small removal of something that they may think is unnecessary but actually is. Removing necessary information is not necessarily vandalism. Vandalism is when it's done deliberately to be a jerk.
- A misunderstood undo can also count as one. Even I recently made one but please don't take that as me acting in bad faith especially considering I undid the edit. Undoing an edit can be a mistake in some cases or just a disagr…
Read more >
Hi, I'm Jackninja5DipperGravityFalls (
That's a long name indeed.) and recently I have succeeded in my second adoption request of the Gabdro Wikia.
As I did recently adopt it, there are very few active users there. If you are a fan of the anime or manga of Gabriel DropOut, this is what the wiki is bout and I highly recommend joining. If you don't want to, that is fine however. It is also kinda understandable if there aren't many fans on here as the anime did come out very recently and I haven't even heard of the manga until I watched the anime lol.
There are some wanted pages and if you have knowledge about these topics in the series, feel free to create them. That would be helpful.
If you need any help or clarification on the wiki, you can ask…Read more >