I've seen many custom signatures, and lots of websites telling you how to make them, but none seem to tell you how to include the time and date in your signature, like in mine below:
It took me quite a long time to find out, but I thought I'd blog about it here, to make it easier for others to find out.
1) Create your Custom Sig. There are MANY sites out there that tell you how to do this. Save it as User:YourName/Sig Obviously, replace YourName with your wiki username.
2) Include in your sig code, where you want the time/date to appear, the following:
3) In your My Preferences (top-right of any wiki page), go down to the Signature section, and in the box, enter the following:
(again, replace YourName with your username)
4) Tick the Custom Signature box, and then click the Save button at the bottom of the page.
5) When you want to use the signature, use 3 tildes instead of 4, otherwise you will get the date showing twice.
~~~~ produces 12:16, October 20, 2011 (UTC)