Mosquitoes aren't the only thing biting this summer. HBO's True Blood returns on June 26 for a fourth season, and a bunch of our wiki communities are getting excited for fresh blood and new plot twists.
To celebrate, we’re giving 5 lucky winners a True Blood premiere party prize pack. The True Blood Wiki's Tagline Contest is fun and creative — all you have to do is submit an original tagline for the True Blood poster on the right by June 20.
The party pack includes three seasons of True Blood DVDs, four bottles of Tru Blood (plus four pint glasses), a True Blood comic book set, a Bon Temps football T-shirt, and a printed version of the poster featuring your winning tagline.
We’ve already received close to 100 awesome entries, so be sure to chime in for your chance to win. Considering the fact that True Blood Season 3 just topped DVD and Blu-ray sales charts (and those discs ain’t cheap!), getting your hands on all three seasons would definitely be a treat.
HBO is also promoting Season 4 with an interactive, personalized Facebook app. Find out how you can star in a True Blood teaser trailer — we’re loving the results!
Also, if you’re planning a fang-tastic bash to celebrate Sookie’s return, check out some of the tips below:
- Keep the lights low and use red or purple bulbs in your light fixtures. Remember, vampires don't do well in harsh light.
- Refer to your dog as "Sam" throughout the night for some shape-shifting humour.
- Whether you're a fangbanger or a furbanger, you'll want to look your best. Create your own "Love Hurts" shirt to wear during the premiere.
- Mix up a blood-red batch of Bloody Maker-itas or Bloody Rum Punch to quench your guests’ thirst.
- For dinner, dish out authentic Creole grub like New Orleans Fish Creole, Red Beans & Rice, or New Orleans Shrimp Dip. If you're going for a Merlotte's vibe, you can whip up Hoyt's favorite Chicken Fried Steak, Terry‘s jailhouse chili, and fries with ranch dressing.
- For dessert, tempt guests with Bloody Red Velvet cake or Blood Orange Sherbet.
Vamp fans, how are you celebrating the return of True Blood? Share your favorite True Blood moments, characters, and party tips in the comments below.