We've been working on some major upgrades to the rich text editor, and wanted to share our progress and a preview of some of the changes. We would also like to invite a few communities to join our beta testing team and be the first to try out the improved editor.
We are looking for 3-5 communities with 500+ articles, and at least 2 highly active admins. If you meet this criteria and are interested in learning more, please let us know in the comment section below. I will get in contact with you to discuss specifics.
Please note, your wiki must be okay with keeping the editor on for about a week-long testing period so we have time to get good feedback (critical issues excepted, plus logged in users can still opt out, of course).
What are the changes?Edit
We've been busy!
- Upgraded the to CKEditor v3 - the main benefit is the editor will load much faster.
- Improved browser support - Chrome, Safari and Opera are now supported in addition to IE and Firefox.
- Reworked article parsing, which should result in far fewer weird spacing and formatting changes.
- Images and videos use more reliable in-built browser drag and drop functionality.
- A few changes to the template previewing and editing experience via RTE.
- Long strings of advanced code (e.g. image gallery and activity feed tags) are now represented in a much more compact manner.
- And a whole lot more little things.
If your wiki would like to try this out, please let me know in the comments!
Want to receive updates on the latest Staff blog posts? Then click here to follow this blog.