Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Here are the latest technical updates at Wikia. Keep in mind that our system updates happen every Wednesday, so we’re posting this on a Tuesday to give you advance notice. Also note that we change hundreds of tiny details every week, so these are just the highlights.
Major Bugs FixedEdit
- On some wikis, it was not possible to enable/disable the Achievements feature on Special:WikiFeatures.
- The category module was sometimes removing category sort keys.
Other Notable ChangesEdit
- Active support for Internet Explorer 8 is officially dropped.
- Admins can remove a video from the right rail Videos module, and can remove the video from the wiki altogether at the same time. (These changes had been noted in previous weeks, but are now fully implemented.)
- Welcome messages linking to Message Wall or Forum threads will now display the thread title.
- Special:Forums now redirects to Special:Forum to avoid confusion.
Select Known IssuesEdit
- Gallery images align improperly when shown in preview.
- Welcome messages are showing as coming from an anonymous user in thread history.
- There have been a few reports of recently uploaded images not displaying, even on the file page itself. There is a possible connection with file verification error messages. Please report any odd image uploading issues or missing images to Special:Contact.
Questions? Comments? Feel free to leave them below. And if you have additional bugs to report, please send them to us via Special:Contact.
Want to be notified about technical updates when they are posted? Then click here to follow this blog.
|Recent technical updates|