Here are the latest technical updates at Wikia. Keep in mind that our system updates happen every Tuesday and Thursday - today's notes are for tomorrow's site update. Also note that we change hundreds of tiny details every week, so these are just the highlights.
- We will be rolling out some updates around social media sharing options - check out this blog post for more details!
Major Bugs Fixed
- Plain text versions of followed page (watchlist) emails will no longer be blank - they will be a simpler version of the HTML email.
- Users will no longer be sent emails about their edits to their own user talk page. Rest assured, we don't think you have the memory of a goldfish*.
- The link to Wikia's Youtube account in the new email footer will be fixed. New video content is being added frequently - superhero TV show Fan Brains, reactions from Star Wars Celebration, and much more!
Other Notable Changes
Detailed CSS updates can be found at http://report.wikia.net - the diffs show changes to .css, .scss, .tmpl.php, .html, .sass and .mustache files in Wikia's codebase.
- We feel the twice-weekly code release trial has gone pretty smoothly and successfully, and have decided to transition to it full-time. From now on, we will be posting notes on Monday and Wednesday for the following day's update.
- The 'Send me HTML emails' preference will be phased out. While the existing choice will be honoured for existing emails, it will default to 'on' for all new-style emails. All HTML emails include a plain text version, which will continue to be accessible via your email client settings if desired.
- In followed page emails, we are adding back a link to aggregate diffs - while the "Compare changes" button will continue to show just the edit you were notified about, the "Head over to [...] to see what's new" link below it will show all changes from the point you received the email onwards.
Select Known Issues
- We are continuing to look into an issue that is preventing the WikiFeatures Achievements switch from working on some new communities.
* Trivia time: it turns out, goldfish actually have good memories.
Questions? Comments? Feel free to leave them below. And if you have additional bugs to report, please send them to us via Special:Contact.
Want to be notified about technical updates when they are posted? Then click here to follow this blog.
|Recent technical updates|