Here are the latest technical updates at Wikia. Keep in mind that our system updates happen every Wednesday, so we’re posting this on a Tuesday to give you advance notice. Also note that we change hundreds of tiny details every week, so these are just the highlights.
Major Bugs Fixed
- Comments could sometimes be posted to 'Empty' walls and forums.
- The 'Close this thread' option was broken in Monobook.
- Long forum titles could sometimes overlap the thread tallies.
- Some YouTube videos had issues playing in IE10.
- When a duplicate Wikia Video Library video was added, the attribution on the file page was changing to the newer user.
Other Notable Changes
- We've made a change that should help alleviate browser memory issues when using AjaxRC.
- On Special:Search, Photo and Video filters will now appear for non-English wikis.
- Search results will no longer use the outdated index.php URLs, which will also allow improvements to search performance
- Videos added from the Wikia Video Library will now be listed on Special:Log/upload.
Select Known Issues
- WikiActivity is not currently calling out additions like photos and categories, as it used to do.
- Some users have reported issues with images going missing recently: if you have any examples, please let us know via Special:Contact.
Questions? Comments? Feel free to leave them below. And if you have additional bugs to report, please send them to us via Special:Contact.
Want to be notified about technical updates when they are posted? Then click here to follow this blog.
|Recent technical updates|