Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Here are the latest technical updates at Wikia. Keep in mind that our system updates happen every Wednesday, so we’re posting this on a Tuesday to give you advance notice. Also note that we change hundreds of tiny details every week, so these are just the highlights.
Major Bugs FixedEdit
- Comments could sometimes be posted to 'Empty' walls and forums.
- The 'Close this thread' option was broken in Monobook.
- Long forum titles could sometimes overlap the thread tallies.
- Some YouTube videos had issues playing in IE10.
- When a duplicate Wikia Video Library video was added, the attribution on the file page was changing to the newer user.
Other Notable ChangesEdit
- We've made a change that should help alleviate browser memory issues when using AjaxRC.
- On Special:Search, Photo and Video filters will now appear for non-English wikis.
- Search results will no longer use the outdated index.php URLs, which will also allow improvements to search performance
- Videos added from the Wikia Video Library will now be listed on Special:Log/upload.
Select Known IssuesEdit
- WikiActivity is not currently calling out additions like photos and categories, as it used to do.
- Some users have reported issues with images going missing recently: if you have any examples, please let us know via Special:Contact.
Questions? Comments? Feel free to leave them below. And if you have additional bugs to report, please send them to us via Special:Contact.
Want to be notified about technical updates when they are posted? Then click here to follow this blog.
|Recent technical updates|