Here are the latest technical updates at Wikia. Keep in mind that our system updates happen every Tuesday and Thursday - today's notes are for tomorrow's site update. Also note that we change hundreds of tiny details every week, so these are just the highlights.
Major Bug Fixes
- WikiActivity will once again hide rollbacked edits.
Other Notable Changes
- Discussions users will begin receiving emails when content they have posted receives replies or upvotes.
- An email is generated when a post or reply receives 5, 25 or 100 upvotes
- An email is generated when a post receives its 1st, 5th, 10th, 25th, 50th and 100th reply
- These thresholds align with the push notifications received by Community App users.
- Users will be able to opt out of Discussions emails via a newly added email preference.
- Admins will be able to manage the square "community avatar" image and wide "Discussions header" image in the Discussions desktop layout.
Questions? Comments? Feel free to leave them below. And if you have additional bugs to report, please send them to us via Special:Contact.
Want to be notified about technical updates when they are posted? Then click here to follow this blog.
|Recent technical updates|