Here are the latest technical updates at Wikia. Keep in mind that our system updates happen every Wednesday, so we're posting this on a Tuesday to give you advance notice. Also note that we change hundreds of tiny details every week, so these are just the highlights.
- The new design for global navigation will be released to all communities. Read the staff blog post for more details.
- We are introducing a gallery creation tool in the VisualEditor, allowing you to create new image galleries from existing images on a wikia!
- Note: we will be expanding the available features over time - this iteration does not include editing existing galleries or uploading, for example.
Major Bugs Fixed
- Further Monobook fixes will go live, particular related to uses of Polls, RSS feeds and Tabber.
- The new global navigation's notification menu will be more responsive to browser height changes.
- The new global navigation's anchor positioning behaviour for lazily loaded elements will be improved.
Other Notable Changes
Detailed CSS updates can be found at http://report.wikia.net - the diffs show changes to .css, .scss, .tmpl.php, .html, .sass and .mustache files in Wikia's codebase.
- Tabber's tabs will no longer linebreak in the middle of a title.
Questions? Comments? Feel free to leave them below. And if you have additional bugs to report, please send them to us via Special:Contact.
Want to be notified about technical updates when they are posted? Then click here to follow this blog.
|Recent technical updates|