Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Here are the latest technical updates at Wikia. Keep in mind that our system updates happen every Wednesday, so we're posting this on a Tuesday to give you advance notice. Also note that we change hundreds of tiny details every week, so these are just the highlights.
- Another round of planned updates to the global navigation will be arriving - in this update, the bottom border is replaced with a drop-shadow, and the bar will now fade to transparent black when you scroll down the page.
Major Bugs Fixed
- Accidentally leaving off "/wiki/" on non-English wikias will now correctly send you to the appropriate article.
- Media thumbnails will no longer display as broken during upload in the VisualEditor's media tool.
- Slashes ('/') in Forum board names will no longer cause problems.
- Resized SVGs will no longer be incorrectly cropped.
Other Notable Changes
Detailed CSS updates can be found at http://report.wikia.net - the diffs show changes to .css, .scss, .tmpl.php, .html, .sass and .mustache files in Wikia's codebase.
- We will be switching to the newest version of reCAPTCHA - no more attempting to solve barely readable images!
- "Weekly Update from Wikia" (weekly digest) emails will be returning after an extended absence. Rather than all being sent out on a Saturday, the day chosen will be specific to each user account.
- Articles will no longer need to include a comma to be included in statistics. This will likely result in a small increase in "pages on this wikia" counts across Wikia.
- The hub tag in the site footer will receive some design tweaks.
Select Known Issues
- Custom map markers may not show up correctly at the moment. Update: a fix for this issue is rolling out.
Questions? Comments? Feel free to leave them below. And if you have additional bugs to report, please send them to us via Special:Contact.
Want to be notified about technical updates when they are posted? Then click here to follow this blog.
|Recent technical updates|