Here are the latest technical updates at Wikia. Keep in mind that our system updates happen every Wednesday, so we're posting this on a Tuesday to give you advance notice. Also note that we change hundreds of tiny details every week, so these are just the highlights.
- Another round of planned updates to the global navigation will be arriving - in this update, the bottom border is replaced with a drop-shadow, and the bar will now fade to transparent black when you scroll down the page.
Major Bugs Fixed
- Accidentally leaving off "/wiki/" on non-English wikias will now correctly send you to the appropriate article.
- Media thumbnails will no longer display as broken during upload in the VisualEditor's media tool.
- Slashes ('/') in Forum board names will no longer cause problems.
- Resized SVGs will no longer be incorrectly cropped.
Other Notable Changes
Detailed CSS updates can be found at http://report.wikia.net - the diffs show changes to .css, .scss, .tmpl.php, .html, .sass and .mustache files in Wikia's codebase.
- We will be switching to the newest version of reCAPTCHA - no more attempting to solve barely readable images!
- "Weekly Update from Wikia" (weekly digest) emails will be returning after an extended absence. Rather than all being sent out on a Saturday, the day chosen will be specific to each user account.
- Articles will no longer need to include a comma to be included in statistics. This will likely result in a small increase in "pages on this wikia" counts across Wikia.
- The hub tag in the site footer will receive some design tweaks.
Select Known Issues
- Custom map markers may not show up correctly at the moment. Update: a fix for this issue is rolling out.
Questions? Comments? Feel free to leave them below. And if you have additional bugs to report, please send them to us via Special:Contact.
Want to be notified about technical updates when they are posted? Then click here to follow this blog.
|Recent technical updates|