Here are the latest technical updates at Wikia. Keep in mind that our system updates happen every Wednesday, so we're posting this on a Tuesday to give you advance notice. Also note that we change hundreds of tiny details every week, so these are just the highlights.
The VisualEditor will receive a significant update, a combination of our work and the latest updates from the Wikimedia Foundation. Among the many changes are:
- Updated drag and drop media behaviour
- Improved rendering of complex templates and better interaction between floating and inline templates
- Media and templates will show their name when selected
- Improved external link styling
In addition, a variety of situations that could cause 'dirty diffs' in the VisualEditor have been fixed.
Major Bugs Fixed
- On wikias which use a dark Wikia skin, this dark theming will no longer leak into Forums and Recent Changes on the Monobook skin. Thanks, Volunteer Developers.
Other Notable Changes
Detailed CSS updates can be found at http://report.wikia.net - the diffs show changes to .css, .scss, .tmpl.php, .html, .sass and .mustache files in Wikia's codebase.
- Special:ListUsers will include a 'Select all'/'Deselect all' button, to allow easier searching. Thanks, Volunteer Developers.
- On a small number of wikias, an icon linked to the file page will show upon hover in the lower right corner of image and video thumbnails. Wikia is testing a new version of this icon, after the removal of the old one had some unexpected effects on Google image ranking.
Questions? Comments? Feel free to leave them below. And if you have additional bugs to report, please send them to us via Special:Contact.
Want to be notified about technical updates when they are posted? Then click here to follow this blog.
|Recent technical updates|