Here are the latest technical updates at Wikia. Keep in mind that our system updates happen every Tuesday and Thursday - today's notes are for tomorrow's site update. Also note that we change hundreds of tiny details every week, so these are just the highlights.
This week, there will be no Thursday release, as Poland (where roughly half our technical team are located) is celebrating Corpus Christi. However, tomorrow's release will still occur as normal, and our schedule will return to normal next week.
Major Bugs Fixed
- On forum board pages, the bottom of thread names will no longer be cut off on the Desktop XL site layout.
- The search page 'Advanced' option will now show correctly on the Tablet Portrait site layout.
- The Chat right rail module will no longer have excessive height above the heading, and the active user count will be correctly formatted.
- Emails will no longer be sent when comments are deleted or edited (since this can be confusing and isn't very helpful), and the 'View all comments' link on article comment emails will be fixed (it had a doubled-up anchor).
- Very long page titles will now wrap correctly (this issue primarily affected Firefox).
- Recent tweaks to our caching systems should have solved the issue with avatars sometimes showing old versions. If you're still seeing any issues with this, please let us know via Special:Contact. Thanks!
- Hero Images will once again stretch across the full width of the content area.
- Reminder that Hero Image is a beta-stage feature and subject to change at any time; currently its status is under review and it cannot be enabled on additional communities.
Other Notable Changes
Detailed CSS updates can be found at http://report.wikia.net - the diffs show changes to .css, .scss, .tmpl.php, .html, .sass and .mustache files in Wikia's codebase.
- More sets of email messages will have the updated email design applied. In this group, we're updating Forum emails, Message Wall emails, and emails sent when followed articles are moved, protected or deleted.
- We're currently looking into an account session issue that may cause edits or uploads to fail (with an error message like 'your session expired'). If you're being affected by this, please let us know any details via Special:Contact. Thanks!
Questions? Comments? Feel free to leave them below. And if you have additional bugs to report, please send them to us via Special:Contact.
Want to be notified about technical updates when they are posted? Then click here to follow this blog.
|Recent technical updates|