Here are the latest technical updates on Fandom. Keep in mind that our system updates happen every Tuesday and Thursday - today's notes are for tomorrow's site update. Also note that we change hundreds of tiny details every week, so these are just the highlights.
Major Bug Fixes
- We will fix an issue that could cause a user to be unable to load Special:Preferences.
- An issue that could cause an IP block to behave oddly after being modified will be fixed.
Other Notable Changes
- The company logo will be updated to reflect current Fandom branding.
- Featured wiki videos will become available on mobile pages with an infobox - see User blog:Brandon Rhea/Wiki Modernization: Videos on Mobile Devices for more info.
- Ukrainian users will see English-language messages as a fallback if the the message is not available in Ukrainian. (Previously, it would show Russian as the fallback.)
- Special:Images will become available on Italian wikis, to match other languages.
- Account time zones will be updated to match some changes to real-world time zones, such as Moscow being on UTC+3 rather than UTC+4. (Most users will notice no difference.)
- WAM statistics are currently unavailable for May 15 - this has been reported for investigation.
- The 'Discover New Wikis' section should be showing a more varied selection of wikis - this is being looked into.
Questions? Comments? Feel free to leave them below. And if you have additional bugs to report, please send them to us via Special:Contact.
Want to be notified about technical updates when they are posted? Then click here to follow this blog.
|Recent technical updates|