Here are the latest technical updates at Wikia. Keep in mind that our system updates happen every Tuesday and Thursday - today's notes are for tomorrow's site update. Also note that we change hundreds of tiny details every week, so these are just the highlights.
Major Bug Fixes
- A bug that could cause user accounts to get automatically logged out on certain communities will be fixed.
- An issue that caused some Forum boards to disappear will be fixed. The boards will reappear, though you may need to tweak the board order.
- Thread anchor numbering should start working again, though only for new threads. We are continuing to investigate fixing existing threads.
- An issue that could cause some portable infoboxes to not appear in the VisualEditor infobox tool will be fixed.
- Broken links will be fixed in several non-English 'please confirm your account' notifications.
Other Notable Changes
Detailed CSS updates can be found at http://report.wikia.net - the diffs show changes to .css, .scss, .tmpl.php, .html, .sass and .mustache files in Wikia's codebase.
- Line wrapping will be enabled by default in the CSS/JS/Lua/template editor. We are reviewing further tweaks to improve the editing experience.
- We will be performing some routine testing later this week which will necessitate a short period of read-only time. We will post details on Board:General Discussion in the next few days. Update: scheduled for November 18, see Thread:943857 for more info.
Select Known Issues
- We are working on fixing some issues currently affecting RuneScape Wiki as a priority.
Questions? Comments? Feel free to leave them below. And if you have additional bugs to report, please send them to us via Special:Contact.
Want to be notified about technical updates when they are posted? Then click here to follow this blog.
|Recent technical updates|