Here are the latest technical updates at Wikia. Keep in mind that our system updates happen every Wednesday, so we’re posting this on a Tuesday to give you advance notice. Also note that we change hundreds of tiny details every week, so these are just the highlights.
Major Bugs Fixed
- Chat windows were opening fullscreen in some browsers.
- Posting messages on Message Walls was broken in IE8.
- Replies could be posted on closed forum threads in specific circumstances.
Other Notable Changes
Detailed CSS updates can be found at http://report.wikia.net - the diffs show changes to .css, .scss, .tmpl.php, .html, .sass and .mustache files in Wikia's codebase.
- Tables wider than the available content space will now allow horizontal scrolling in-place, rather than relying on a pop-up system. Please let us know any feedback you have on this new style.
- Images wider than the available content area will now be cut off at the right edge, rather than overlap the right rail.
- The 'Read more' section has been updated to better support the fluid Darwin layout.
- Special:Promote is enabled this week on all communities regardless of whether there is a Wikia home page for that language. In addition to the Wikia home page, images and text added in the Promote tool may be used in search results, mobile apps and other locations.
- My Wikia version 1.1 is released. Changes include improvements to search, image cropping and iOS 7 support.
Questions? Comments? Feel free to leave them below. And if you have additional bugs to report, please send them to us via Special:Contact.
Want to be notified about technical updates when they are posted? Then click here to follow this blog.
|Recent technical updates|
|October 18th 2017 • October 16th 2017 • October 9th 2017 • October 4th 2017 • October 2nd 2017 • Archive|