Here are the latest technical updates at Wikia. Keep in mind that our system updates happen every Wednesday, so we're posting this on a Tuesday to give you advance notice. Also note that we change hundreds of tiny details every week, so these are just the highlights.
Major Bugs Fixed
- Images from shared repositories will now appear in the new image galleries.
- Uploading a new version of an image will no longer sometimes leaves older versions showing in Chrome. We will also run a script to fix existing images affected by this issue.
Other Notable Changes
Detailed CSS updates can be found at http://report.wikia.net - the diffs show changes to .css, .scss, .tmpl.php, .html, .sass and .mustache files in Wikia's codebase.
- Lua will be now enabled by default on all Wikia communties, after a successful period of beta testing.
- Improved results when searching for existing map images when creating a new map.
Select Known Issues
- The source editor's cursor is at the end of the page when an edit is initiated, in some cases.
Questions? Comments? Feel free to leave them below. And if you have additional bugs to report, please send them to us via Special:Contact.
Want to be notified about technical updates when they are posted? Then click here to follow this blog.
|Recent technical updates|