Here are the latest technical updates at Wikia. Keep in mind that our system updates happen every Wednesday, so we’re posting this on a Tuesday to give you advance notice. Also note that we change hundreds of tiny details every week, so these are just the highlights.
Major Bugs FixedEdit
- Fixed Chat navigation link sometimes failing (this fix is already live).
- AdminDashboard showed a large gap at the top.
- Wide file history tables were not scrollable.
- New account confirmation email links were incorrectly directing users.
- Database downloads were offering the wrong file type to Chrome users. The fix will require a new download to be requested after release.
- Darwin: Fixed issues scrolling Special:CSS on iPads.
- Darwin: Fixed positioning of share buttons at wider fluid sizes.
Other Notable ChangesEdit
Detailed CSS updates can be found at http://report.wikia.net - the diffs show changes to .css, .scss, .tmpl.php, .html, .sass and .mustache files in Wikia's codebase.
- To further prioritize the speed of article content loading, the show/hide function for the Table of Contents is now lazy loaded. This will primarily affect anonymous users who already see the box collapsed by default.
Questions? Comments? Feel free to leave them below. And if you have additional bugs to report, please send them to us via Special:Contact.
Want to be notified about technical updates when they are posted? Then click here to follow this blog.
|Recent technical updates|