Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Here are the latest technical updates at Wikia. Keep in mind that our system updates happen every Wednesday, so we’re posting this on a Tuesday to give you advance notice. Also note that we change hundreds of tiny details every week, so these are just the highlights.
Major Bugs Fixed
- Notifications about the addition of photos, videos and categories were missing from WikiActivity. (This fix is already live)
- ThemeDesigner allowed blank text wordmarks to be created, causing issues with home page navigation.
- Anonymous users were not always notified that a message had been left on their talk page.
- Darwin: the list of users in the right rail chat module could not be scrolled through.
Other Notable Changes
- Promoted wikis and WAM now list recently active admins first.
- To address remaining occurrences of the Special:Forum heading overlapping with the thread tally, the wiki name has been removed from the default Forum heading for all wikis. Admins can customize the Forum heading as needed using the message
- Support for the GameGuides v1 app has been discontinued; all users should update to the latest version.
- Hura! The new Polish Wikia home page launches this week.
- A report located at http://report.wikia.net will update on Mondays, showcasing diffs from Github. The diffs show changes (both notable and minor) to .css, .scss, .tmpl.php, .html, .sass and .mustache files in Wikia's codebase, which may be helpful to users who use custom CSS and JS.
Questions? Comments? Feel free to leave them below. And if you have additional bugs to report, please send them to us via Special:Contact.
Want to be notified about technical updates when they are posted? Then click here to follow this blog.
|Recent technical updates|