Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Here are the latest technical updates at Wikia. Keep in mind that our system updates happen every Tuesday and Thursday - today's notes are for tomorrow's site update. Also note that we change hundreds of tiny details every week, so these are just the highlights.
Detailed CSS updates can be found at http://report.wikia.net - the diffs show changes to .css, .scss, .tmpl.php, .html, .sass and .mustache files in Wikia's codebase.
- Several portable infobox improvements:
- Tall images will be scaled to a maximum height of 500px - allowing tall, thin images to be used without risking them getting excessively large.
- Videos will link to their File pages, improving CTRL+click behaviour.
- The Insert Infobox dialog in the VisualEditor will become scrollable for long lists.
- Several profile-related messages were added to the MediaWiki namespace whitelist just before the weekend:
- User-identity-box-group-blocked, User-identity-box-group-chatmoderator, User-identity-box-group-sysop, User-identity-box-group-bureaucrat, User-identity-box-group-founder, User-identity-box-group-threadmoderator
- In case you missed last week's update, we've enabled updated login and registration forms on Community Central (and most of its international counterparts). These will be rolled out to the rest of the site in a future update.
Questions? Comments? Feel free to leave them below. And if you have additional bugs to report, please send them to us via Special:Contact.
Want to be notified about technical updates when they are posted? Then click here to follow this blog.
|Recent technical updates|