Here are the latest technical updates at Wikia. Keep in mind that our system updates happen every Tuesday and Thursday - today's notes are for tomorrow's site update. Also note that we change hundreds of tiny details every week, so these are just the highlights.
Major Bug Fixes
- A case where portable infoboxes could trigger bad data on Special:WantedPages will be fixed.
- The new image galleries WikiFeatures Labs option will return on communities where it had previously disappeared.
- On communities with three-letters names (e.g. rio.wikia.com), the "in your language" notice will no longer incorrectly point to Community Central, rather than the intended community.
Other Notable Changes
Detailed CSS updates can be found at http://report.wikia.net - the diffs show changes to .css, .scss, .tmpl.php, .html, .sass and .mustache files in Wikia's codebase.
Users without a confirmed email address on their account will see a notification asking them to confirm their email address.This is delayed temporarily
- The change will go live separate to the main site update, and we plan to message everyone who already uses personal JS when it occurs. Update: this change is now live!
- A quick overview of other ongoing work: among other tweaks, we are continuing to work hard on tools to allow community JS editing to be re-enabled as well as expanding the MediaWiki namespace whitelist, and replacing important uses of the Verbatim tag (such as Twitter integration and SoundCloud support).
- We realise many of you are eagerly awaiting these changes. As security is our primary concern through all of this, we need to tread carefully, but we'll get various updates live as soon as possible.
Select Known Issues
Accessing the classic editor on the Wikia skin while using a smartphone (i.e. "Full Site" mode) is temporarily out of order. As a workaround, you can manually add the following URL parameter to reach the editor:A fix for this issue is now live
Questions? Comments? Feel free to leave them below. And if you have additional bugs to report, please send them to us via Special:Contact.
Want to be notified about technical updates when they are posted? Then click here to follow this blog.
|Recent technical updates|
|October 18th 2017 • October 16th 2017 • October 9th 2017 • October 4th 2017 • October 2nd 2017 • Archive|